My Employer Wrongfully Terminated Me - What Can I Recover?

My employer wrongfully terminated me. What can I recover?

Depending on why you were terminated and what law you were suing under to make this a wrongful termination, your recovery is going to be limited to different criteria.

Typically, what you can recover is going to be your lost wages, which generally speaking is considered whether your back pay or front pay.

So if you maybe were terminated in January of a certain year, and you had a trial later that year, and you were unemployed during that time period, you'll have some lost wages.

Those wages are what you normally would have earned had you not been terminated. Those are considered your lost wages.

And then as well, you can also recover what's called compensatory and punitive damages. Compensatory damages are typically damages for emotional distress and convenience.

Need An Attorney? Give us a call at 918-879-1681 or submit a legal question at

Want The Transcript?

Join The Group! Have an Oklahoma legal question? There's a Facebook Group for that. Join me and the discussion by clicking the link and hitting "Join:"
Be the first to comment